Tuesday, June 2 is the last day of E-Learning for students.
Pre-K through 5th grade Spanish Dual Language Program Information
Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
Director of EL & Bilingual Programs
Hispanic Community Engagement Coordinator
Who does the Spanish Dual Language Program serve?
- English Learners whose native language is Spanish
How does a bilingual child, whose home language is Spanish, qualify for the Dual Language Program?The child’s:
- Home Language Survey indicates Spanish as a native language
- English screener test demonstrates the student qualifies for additional English Language support
- ACCESS composite score is between 1-4.8
- Students whose home language is Spanish and qualify for additional English Language services can enter the Dual Language program in grades Pre-K through 5th grade
- The Spanish Dual Language Program is offered at Westbrook (grade PK), Henking (grades K-2) and Hoffman (grades 3-5) Schools. If a child lives within another school’s boundaries, transportation is provided to Henking and Hoffman.