Dear District 34 Staff, Families & Community Members,
One year ago today, voters in Glenview approved a capital referendum for District 34 schools. The $119M in funds raised from this successful referendum will allow District 34 to repair and update our buildings.
The past year has been a challenging one for our families, students and staff -- and for our world. Our deep gratitude to the community for the support of our schools has held strong, and has been a source of light and hope.
Much work has happened behind the scenes over the last few months:
- Development and ongoing refinement of detailed plans for construction
- Community meetings to share plans and gather feedback
- Presentations to and approval by the Glenview Village Planning Commission and Village Board
- Review of financial projections by the Citizens Finance Advisory Council
- Issuance of approximately $60M in bonds at highly favorable rates, allowing a reduction in the maturity of the referendum plan by one year and a $10M reduction in interest
- Bids for construction
In the coming weeks, the progress will be visible to all. The Board will approve construction bids at a special meeting on March 29. Then, we expect to break ground in May at Springman Middle School, and at Henking, Lyon and Westbrook, our primary schools that will be able to welcome full-day kindergarten in August 2022. Look for opportunities for safe community participation in events at each school. You can find information and updates on our website.
Again, thank you for your trust and your support. Your vote of confidence is, indeed, Building Future in District 34.
Dane Delli, Ph.D.
Glenview School District 34