District 34 follows the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) guidance for post-travel quarantine. CCDPH has updated their website to reflect their current guidance, which indicates that if an unvaccinated individual travels internationally or to a state that is on the City of Chicago's travel advisory list, they should follow the CDC's travel guidance, below.
Vaccinated individuals do not have to quarantine or test, but should be monitoring for symptoms and following health and safety protocols for mask wearing, distancing and hand washing.
The District will continue to monitor and communicate any changes in this guidance.
Before You Travel
Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
- Wear a mask. Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like on open deck areas of a ferry or the uncovered top deck of a bus). CDC recommends that travelers who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask indoors and maintain physical distance when traveling.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who is not traveling with you.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
After You Travel
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state recommendations or requirements.
Students who must quarantine after travel will receive their assigned school work as well as support from their school’s grade center quarantine teacher.