Full-Day Kindergarten in District 34 will empower learning through an equitable, inclusive and nurturing environment focusing on the whole child, allowing for a balance of social-emotional development and academic growth.
District 34 offers a fee-based full-day kindergarten program, with an option for half-day kindergarten. Students enrolled in FDK will experience new classroom spaces, more time for learning and play, daily lunch and recess, and more.
A half-day option also is available.
FDK Offers More Time For:
Learning through play
Relationships and community building
Strong partnerships with families
Kindergarten Information Night Recap
Our primary schools hosted their first Kindergarten Information Night (on May 4) for families of students who will be in kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year. Parents learned about:
- How full-day kindergarten in D34 integrates play and academic learning
- Curriculum, including fine arts and physical education
- Social-emotional learning
- Opportunities for multilingual learners
- Half-day program information
- Parent organizations that support our schools, staff and students
View each presentation by clicking the school's name below.
Hear from our current kindergarten students and what they think about kindergarten in D34.
First Day of School for all 2022-2023 Kindergarteners: August 25
FAQs About FDK
- What will the school day look like for FDK?
- What are the school hours for full-day kindergarten?
- Which D34 schools offer full-day kindergarten?
- IS half-day kindergarten offered?
- When will we know more about half-day kindergarten?
- Is there a spot for every student whose family wants full-day kindergarten?
- Will I be able to change my choice of full- or half-day after my initial registration?
- I need help registering my child; where do I go for assistance?
- Is there a Kindergarten Dual Language Program available?
- What is the fee for kindergarten?
- How is the District making FDK affordable to all families?
- What are the income guidelines for the FDK Fee Waiver?
- Are payment plans available?
- I don't think I qualify for the fee waiver or reduced fees. Should I submit an application anyway?
- Why is there a fee for FDK?
Thank You, Glenview!
On March 17, 2020, the community approved a capital (facilities) referendum that allowed District 34 to offer full-day kindergarten beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. This positive impact will be felt for generations. The District appreciates the support of the community, and we recognize that we are tasked with Building Future for decades to come.