Registration & Fees
In 2022-2023, District 34 welcomed the first full-day kindergarten students to our schools. FDK is a fee-based program. Families also can choose to register their child for half-day kindergarten (at the annual student fee of $127).
Schools that offer full-day kindergarten are required to provide a half-day option. The District's program is structured as half-day students will attend with their peers in full-day classrooms
The FDK fee is $3,600, set in an initial payment of $360 (10%) and nine monthly payments of $360.
Monthly payments will be set in e~Funds for Schools, the District’s payment processor. The first monthly payment after the deposit will be due by September 1, 2023. You will have the option of making those monthly payments, or you can pay multiple installments at any time.
The fee for half-day kindergarten is $127.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the fee for kindergarten?
- How is the District making FDK affordable to all families?
- What are the income guidelines for the FDK Fee Waiver?
- Are payment plans available?
- I don't think I qualify for the fee waiver or reduced fees. Should I submit an application anyway?
- Why is there a fee for FDK?