Poster & Video Contest
CHARACTER COUNTS! invites students to participate in the 2021 Poster and Video Contest.
Over the years, CHARACTER COUNTS! celebrates and reminds us of our power to do good. Great character has been on display as our community, country and the world continue to deal with the impacts of COVID-19. This year, CHARACTER COUNTS! will continue partnering with the local Hero Hustle Run that annually recognizes heroes.
Submission deadline is December 1, 2021.
Who is your hero? What qualities make this person a hero? How can you take those qualities and use them in your life? Show us by creating a poster that illustrates your hero’s character using one or more of the
Six Pillars of Character.
Entries will be reviewed by judges and a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner will be chosen in each of the two grade categories K-2 and 3-4. Gift card prizes will be presented to the winners at the January 18, 2022 Village of Glenview Board of Trustees meeting. Parts of one of our winning posters will also be featured on next year’s Hero Hustle Run shirt!
Poster Contest Coordinator: Barbara Littlefield
Head of Glenview Public Library Youth Services
Video Contest Coordinator:
Glenview Village Community Engagement Manager
CC! in Glenview Co-Chair
CC! in Glenview Co-Chair
Poster Contest Rules
- Hand draw, paint, and/or color your poster. Only original artwork will be accepted.
- Keep original artwork. Scan and upload a high-quality image.
- Entries will be judged in two grade categories: K-2 and 3-4.
Tell us about a hero in your life? What qualities make this person a hero? How can you take those qualities and use them in your life? Tell us by creating a short video that illustrates your hero’s character
using one or more of the Six Pillars of Character.
There are no resources or collections to display
Video Contest Rules
- Entries may be created by an individual or a team of up to 3 students.
- Entries should be between 1 and 2 minutes long. Any submission shorter than 1 minute or longer than 2 minutes will be disqualified.
- Live-action is encouraged. Moving or still pictures may be used only if they are original material (taken or designed by the contestant).
- The video may be produced with or without music, but all music must be original, either performed or created by the contestant. No copyrighted or trademarked material, audio or visual, will be accepted.
- Videos must be in good taste and must not contain any indecent content or physical violence. No fighting is allowed, even to show that it is wrong.