Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee
BPAC is the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee required for public school districts that offer transitional bilingual programs and/or transitional programs of instruction to multilingual learners. The committee meets at least four times per year (Section 228.30 Establishment of Programs: Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee) The committee consists of bilingual program parents, legal guardians of ELs, certified staff and other school personnel and EL community leaders. Membership is representative of the languages served by the District.
- Advocate for students in the bilingual and EL programs
- Help make decisions regarding the bilingual and EL programs Connect with other parents
- Support the social emotional learning and academic achievement of EL student(s) by attending workshops, conferences and other events for parents of multilingual students
At our meetings we:
- Review the District's bilingual service plan.
- Provide information related to instructional approaches and methods used in bilingual education programs
- Discuss the types of assessments that their children take and results of such assessments
- Review State and federal laws related to their child's participation in bilingual programs
- Participate in the planning, operation and evaluation of bilingual and EL programs.
- Meet to plan parent evenings.
Next meeting: December 8th, 2022 Place: Attea Middle School, 6 P.M. to 8PM Topic: Successful Parenting Chapter 1 by Ferney Ramirez.
* All Hispanic Meetings are in Spanish not interpretation available.
** Childcare available
Workshop October 28th, 2022
Workshop September 16th, 2022
Exec Meetings every Friday 4:30 PM via zoom
Community Resources (Zoom) November 14th, 2022 (recording)
Exec Meeting November 11th, 2022
Fall Family Festival October 23rd, 2022
Exec Meeting October 21st, 2022
Exec Meeting September 6th, 2022
BPAC District Members
- Raquel Kim, Assistant Superintendent for Multilingual Services
- Alan Hernandez, Hispanic Community Coordinator
- Gabi Diniello, Hispanic Community Specialist
- Sylvia Gorski Duarte, Title III Family Resource Teacher
Spanish BPAC Leaders
- Penélope Hurtado, President
- Rosa Ramirez, Secretary
- Elva Vazquez, Communications
- Erika Osorio Gil, Executive Member
- María Muñoz-Voegtle, Dual Language Teacher at Hoffman
- Erica Johnson, Dual Language Teacher at Hoffman
- Patty Puetz, Principal at Henking
Mongolian BPAC Leaders
- Aldarmaa Batbold & Uelun-Ujin Dangaasuren, Co-Presidents
- Otgon Toljinsuren, Treasurer
- Bolor Gantumur, Secretary
- Narandolgor Mijiddorj & Battulga Ukhnaa, Communications Leaders
- Delgermaa Radnaa, Executive Member
- Nara Banzragch, Executive Member
Suvdaa Namsrai, Executive Leader