Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
Spanish BPAC: El camino hacia universidad October 22nd, on Zoom, Time 7-8pmBPAC is the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee required for public school districts that offer transitional bilingual programs and/or transitional programs of instruction to multilingual learners. The committee meets at least four times per year (Section 228.30 Establishment of Programs: Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee) The committee consists of bilingual program parents, legal guardians of ELs, certified staff and other school personnel and EL community leaders. Membership is representative of the languages served by the District.
- Advocate for students in the bilingual and EL programs
- Help make decisions regarding the bilingual and EL programs Connect with other parents
- Support the social emotional learning and academic achievement of EL student(s) by attending workshops, conferences and other events for parents of multilingual students
At our meetings we:
- Review the District's bilingual service plan.
- Provide information related to instructional approaches and methods used in bilingual education programs
- Discuss the types of assessments that their children take and results of such assessments
- Review State and federal laws related to their child's participation in bilingual programs
- Participate in the planning, operation and evaluation of bilingual and EL programs.
- Meet to plan parent evenings.
The committees operate autonomously, including the selection of officers and the establishment of internal rules and procedures.
- October 22nd, on Zoom, 7-8pm
- Previous meeting: September 17th, 7-8pm on Zoom
- Previous meeting: October 5th, 6:30-8pm on Zoom
BPAC District Members
- Raquel Kim, Director of EL/Bilingual Programs
- Alan Hernandez, Hispanic Community Coordinator
- Gabi Diniello, Hispanic Community Specialist
- Justin Johnson, District Instructional Coach
- Sylvia Gorski Duarte, Title 1 Parent Resource Teacher
Spanish BPAC Leaders
- Penelope Hurtado, President
- Rosa Ramirez, Secretary
- Elva Vazquez, Communications
- Erika Osorio Gil, Executive Member
- María Muñoz-Voegtle, Dual Language Teacher at Hoffman
- Ramón Pérez, Spanish Bilingual Teacher at Springman
- Erica Johnson, Dual Language Teacher at Hoffman
- Patty Puetz, Principal at Henking
Mongolian BPAC Leaders
- Nara Banzragch, Parent