Per Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker's orders, all schools remain closed for onsite learning through the end of the 2019-2020 school year. E-Learning Days will be in session.
Glenview District 34 requires paraprofessionals to have an Educator License with Stipulations as a Paraprofessional ELS (PARA). Below are the ISBE requirements.
- Be at least 20 years of age, and;
- Show proof of one (1) of the following:
- Associates degree or higher; or
- 60 semester hours of coursework; or
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS ParaPro test; or
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Work Keys test: Applied Mathematics — 4, Reading for Information — 4, Writing or Business Writing — 3
Paraprofessionals, or “Associates” as they are referred to in District 34, are a key component to the successful education of our students. Follow this link to our Associate Handbook for more information about the roles of our paraprofessionals.