Peachjar Community Flyers
In accordance with Board Policy 8:25, District 34 works with community groups and organizations that provide educational, recreational and enrichment opportunities for students and families. The District offers an opportunity to make connections between organizations and families through Peachjar.
Peachjar sends full-color, ADA-compatible and interactive digital flyers directly to parents via email. Parents can view the electronic flyers from their smart phone or computer and click to register their children for youth sports, enrichment programs, community events, and more. Flyers also are posted on the D34 and school websites.
Organizations interested in submitting a flyer to promote a program, event or activity will be required to set up a “Program Provider” account with Peachjar. Once an account has been created, flyers may be uploaded for consideration. Flyers will be routed for approval weekly by District 34’s communications department. Flyers will go out via email to parents every Thursday and posted to all district and school websites indicated.
Organizations can create their flyers directly through Peachjar to ensure a professional look, compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and to automatically include the required disclaimer that programs are not sponsored or endorsed by District 34.
Flyers must meet the following guidelines for approval:
- The activity or event must be an appropriate educational, charitable or enrichment activity geared to students in pre-K through 8th grade (and their families).
- The flyer must provide the organization’s name and contact information, as well as the targeted age group for the event or activity.
- To ensure equality opportunity and maximum exposure, flyers should be available in both English and Spanish.
- Community partners are responsible for ensuring the ADA text (that translates information on the flyer for screen readers) is accurate. Please proofread the information in this text box. Your flyer may be denied and sent back should there be grammar and/or formatting errors in this area.
- Flyers should not contain embedded hyperlinks (use Peachjar's "call to action" button to add links).
- When prompted to select flyer posting date, please select “upon approval.” Failure to do so will result in the flyer being denied and routed back to uploader.
In accordance with Board Policy 8:25, no material or literature shall be posted or distributed that would:
- Disrupt the educational process
- Violate the rights or invade the privacy of others
- Infringe on a trademark or copyright
- Be defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or indecent
In addition, flyers must not contain:
- Verbiage regarding alcohol, tobacco, drugs or similar products.
- Endorsements for political candidates, parties or issues that pertain to upcoming local, state or federal elections. This includes events sponsored by political candidates; legislator- sponsored event flyers will be approved only when a legislator is not running for office.
- Fundraising unless it directly benefits school-aged children in the District 34 community.
If you have questions about flyer guidelines, contact Melanie Walstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-998-5019). To set up a Peachjar account, click Getting Started. For assistance, please contact Peachjar customer support at 858.997.2117, ext. 3 or email@example.com.